10 Healthy Little Salads On A Stick!
Posted on December 18, 2010
♥An interesting little Amuse bouche for Book Club, Hors d’oeuvres…
To make these healthy little salads-on-a-stick appetizers just pick your ingredients and follow these simple steps: Thread the different combinations of fresh ingredients listed below onto 3 inch bamboo hors d’oeuvre skewers(e-mail us a request-100/pack for 5.00) or use a pretty little tooth pick to create a refreshing variety of fresh holiday hors d’ oeuvres:
1. Sharon’s Seafood Salad: sprig of fresh tarragon, 1 inch bite of fresh lox, leaf of fresh arugula, pearl of fresh mozzarella, a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Pomegranate Pear Dressing, and a sprinkle of crumbled walnuts. (Sharon Wettland served these at the Morey’s Fish House on 371 in Brainerd, and they disappeared quickly!)
2. Little Caprese Salad: fresh grape tomato sliced in half the long way, fresh basil leaf, pearl of fresh mozzarella, a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Lemony Herb Organic Dressing, and a sprinkle of finely crumbled walnuts.
3. Pam’s Fresh Raspberry and Pear Salad: small fresh raspberry, small slice of pear, fresh watercress leaf, a 1/2 inch cube of Sartori Bellavitano cheese, a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Pomegranate Pear Dressing, and a sprinkle of finely crumbled roasted hazelnuts.
4. Apple and Cheddar Salad: for the holidays use a little bite-sized wedge of red and green apple, a fresh spinach leaf, a chunk of a very sharp local cheddar cheese, a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Crisp Apple Maple Dressing, and a sprinkle of finely crumbled roasted pecans.
5. Citrus & Roasted Chestnut Salad: a little segment of a mandarin clementine, a leaf of fresh bitter winter green, 1/2 a roasted and peeled chestnut, a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Curry and Fig Organic Dressing, and a sprinkle of finely crumbled roasted and salted pepitas.
6. Curried Christmas Ham Salad: 1/2 inch snippet of dried fig, a fresh leaf of arugula, a 1/2 inch cube of cooked ham (uncured, nitrate and nitrite free), a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Curry and Fig Dressing, and a sprinkle of roasted and finely crumbled pecans.
7. Lemony Herb Shrimp & Fresh Baby Kale: 1 small coctail size cooked, cleaned and cooled shrimp, organic baby kale, small cube fresh feta cheese and a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Lemony Herb Organic Dressing. Sprinkle with roasted pine nut!
8. Fresh Kiwi and Blueberry Bites: Peel and cut fresh kiwi into little moons, a fresh organic leafy green of any kind, small chunk of a parmigiano reggiano or yummy piave or sarveccio cheese and a drizzle of Salad Girl Organic Blueberry & Basil Dressing. Sprinkle with roasted almond dust.
9. Roasted Sweet Potato, and Curry Fig: Roast cubed sweet potatoes tossed with a teaspoon of organic sunflower oil, salt, pepper and 1/8th teaspoon cinnaman at 400 for 25-30 minutes, cool and thread onto skewer, add leaf of baby greens and a little ball of rolled chevre, drizzle with Salad Girl Organic Curry and Fig Dressing, and sprinkle with roasted pistachios and dried currants.
10. Organic Blueberries, Spinach Petal, and Sartori Asiago Cheese: Thread little skewer with a fresh organic blueberry, a leaf of spinach and anchor with the marvelous and local Sartori Asiago Cheese. Drissle with Salad Girl Organic Blueberry Basil Organic Salad Dressing and Voila-Yummy!
Any of these ingredient combinations may also be used for delicious side salads or entree salads. Happy little Salad Days!
by Pam Powell, aka The Salad Girl